- There must be at least six health care providers on the list, but there may be more than six listed.
- At least three of the health care providers on the list must be physicians.
- No more than four of the health care providers on the list may be coordinated care organizations (CCOs).
- The names, addresses, phone numbers and areas of medical specialties of all health care providers must be included on the list.
- The health care providers on the list must be geographically accessible and must have specialties that are appropriate based on the anticipated work-related medical problems of the employees.
- Your employer must specify on the list if any of the health care providers on the list are employed, owned or controlled by the employer or its workers compensation insurance company.
NOTE: Your employer’s list of health care providers must meet all of the above requirements. If the list does not meet all of these requirements, you do not have to choose a medical provider from the list. Instead, you have the right to seek medical treatment with any health care provider of your choice.